Today's recipe comes from the kitchen of Colette's Catering.
4 oz butter
4 oz flour
2 T olive oil or vegetable oil
1 C diced celery
1 C diced onion
1 C diced green pepper
¼ C Cajun seasoning
2 tsp leaf oregano
1 ½ tsp thyme
1 ¾ tsp basil
2 tsp fresh garlic
1 qt chicken stock
¼ C hot sauce
15 oz can diced tomatoes undrained
1 T tomato paste
8 oz Cajun or smoked sausage, sliced
1 ½ pounds diced cooked chicken
- Cook flour and butter together to make a brown roux. Reserve the roux for later use.
- Heat oil. Add vegetables and sweat until onion is transparent.
- Add remaining ingredients except sausage and chicken.
- Add reserved roux and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sausage and chicken and simmer another 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Adjust seasonings for personal preference.
- Serve over rice.
Governor Sam Brownback Friday issued a statement after a terror arrest to blow up Wichita's Mid-Continent Airport.
There's an "active shooter situation" at Arapahoe High School in Centennial, Colorado.
U.S. Attorney Barry Grissom said 58-year-old Terry Lee Loewen was arrested around 5:40 a.m. Friday at Mid-Continent Airport.
U.S. Senator Pat Roberts and Congressman Mike Pompeo released the following statements upon the news that the Federal Bureau of Investigation, with support of local law enforcement, successfully apprehended a suspected terrorist in Wichita:
Parents demand justice after Head Start teacher admits to repeatedly slapping their 3-year-old.
Man pays $20,000 to clear 76 layaway accounts at Florida Walmart.
Kindergartner signing Christmas carols for her parents during school pageant captures hearts across the nation.