Today's recipes come from Karen Alt of the DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport.
1 cup unsalted Butter, room temperature
½ cups Sugar
2 cups Cake Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
¼ tsp. Salt
½ tsp. Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Add vanilla extract.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to the batter and mix completely. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until golden brown.
Paired with Long Strange Tripel & Belgian Tripel (Smokestack Series) from Boulevard Brewery.
2 Bananas, ripe, sliced ½" thick
1 oz. Butter
1 cup Sugar
3 Tbsp. Water
½ cup Heavy Cream
- In a saucepan, add sugar and water over high heat. Brush sides of pan with water or prevent sugar from crystalizing.
- When sugar comes to a boil, watch for the color to change to amber.
- Carefully add heavy cream and whisk to incorporate.
- Strain caramel sauce through a fine sieve to remove any lumps that may have occurred (reserve and set aside).
- In a sauté pan, add the butter and melt. Add bananas and stir for about 30 seconds. Add caramel sauce, bring to a simmer and take off heat.
Salted Caramel Ice Cream
Yield: 24 oz.
2 cups Heavy Cream
4 Egg Yolks
¼ cup granulated Sugar
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1 ½ tsp. Pure Vanilla Extract
1 ¼ cups caramel sauce
- Heat heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract and salt until almost boiling. Temper into egg yolks. Pour back into sauce pan. Whisk constantly until slightly thickened.
- Pour into a bowl over a water bath. Whisk caramel sauce into egg/cream mixture.
- When cool, strain into a pitcher.
- Churn in ice cream machine until ready (frozen).
Some kids will be receiving a hand-made wooden toy this holiday season thanks to Santa's elves at Fort Hays State University.
Make sure you keep you pet protected from the cold elements.
Wichita Shocker baseball is conducting an internal review of the program.
The FDA considers new drug for treatment of hepatitis C which is a major threat to baby boomer population.
Two Wichita police cars collided Friday afternoon while responding to call. It happened at 2nd and Broadway.
Wichita police arrested two men after 17 vehicle break-ins Thursday morning.
Being prepared and informed may help you to avoid the messy and often expensive issue of frozen pipes.