Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with this spicy cocktail. It will surely knock your socks off!
- 4 grapefruits
- 6 oz. tequila
- 2 oz. Grand Marnier
- 4 limes
- 1 Habanero chile
- Coarse Salt, to rim the glasses
- 1/3 cup raw sugar
- Slice the habanero in half and place in the bottom of a pitcher. Pour your tequila over and let steep while you prepare the rest of the margarita.
- Cut three grapefruits in half, sprinkle with sugar and place in a shallow baking dish. Broil for 10 minutes. Let grapefruit cool, squeeze the juice and chill it in the fridge.
- Once the juice has chilled, mix with ice, tequila, juice of three limes and Grand Marnier.
- Wet edge of your glasses and rim with salt.
- Pour in margarita, now mixed, and garnish with lime, straws, and float other fruit in drink.
For a great Roasted Grapefruit recipe, check out Sara’s on SolidGoldEats! —————————————————————————- Twinkle VanWinkle has more than 20 years of professional cooking under her apron strings, feeding thousands of friends, family and other folks. She baked apple pies for the "Oprah Winfrey Show" and has appeared on Food Network’s "The Best Of…" Along with producing dynamic lifestyle content for LIN Media, she is a mother, urban gardener, chef, musician and social media fanatic. Follow Twinkle on Foodspotting, Tumblr and Twitter.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Woman live-tweeting about fatal traffic accident realizes the victim is her husband.
Icy blast of winter weather hits the Midwest.
"The Sound of Music" is getting a live stage production tonight on NBC that harkens back to the story's roots on Broadway.
The Sedgwick County DA will not pursue charges against any of the officers involved in the July standoff at a south Wichita apartment complex that resulted in the death of an attempted murder and robbery suspect. Officials also released …
A playroom in the pediatric wing of a Salina hospital became a playground for a thief as he walked out with an item worth close to a thousand dollars.
The Sedgwick County Sheriff's Department arrested three people Tuesday morning for the burglary of Westar substation.
Line cook at Missouri diner takes playing with food to a whole new level.