CRESAPTOWN, Md. (AP) — The Allegany County Sheriff's Department says a camper at the fairgrounds in Cresaptown has died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Deputies say 75-year-old William E. Miller of Windber, Pa., was pronounced dead Thursday morning at his RV. His wife, 76-year-old, Ruth L. Miller, was taken to a hospital in Cumberland.
Officials say the Millers started a gas generator near the rear of their RV shortly before going to sleep Wednesday night. Deputies say the generator was only several feet from the recreation vehicle, with its exhaust pointing toward the RV.
Officials say the couple fell asleep with the generator running, and exhaust fumes entered the RV.
The couple was discovered Thursday morning.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
The drop in the temperatures means more people are finding themselves waking up to cold houses and furnaces breaking down.
Fast food workers across the country took to the streets Thursday demanding higher pay.
Frigid temperatures, snow and ice continue to push across the country.
Study finds accidents suffered while decorating for the holidays sends thousands to the emergency room each year.
Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt today filed a motion indicating he will seek a "Hard 50" prison sentence in the prosecution of William Andrew Shank, 25, Garden City.
With Boeing the king of U.S. aircraft manufacturing, more than a dozen states are groveling before the throne for a share of the riches to be made from the next-generation 777 jetliner.
Here are some other professions in which many earn less than $11 an hour.