DERBY, Kan. (KSNW) - Both suspects in the shooting of a loss prevention officer at Menards Monday afternoon near 37th and Maize have been arrested.
Police spokesman Charley Davidson said an 18-year-old male was arrested Wednesday. Ellis County authorities identified him as Dominic J. Williamson. Williamson was arrested after a chase through Ellis County into Trego County.
A 17-year-old girl was arrested Tuesday after crashing a stolen Mercedes in Derby.
Police began searching for them after the employee was shot Monday in northwest Wichita. Investigators say the employee confronted the two after seeing them leave the store without paying for a home security system. At some point, the male allegedly drew a gun and shot him.
The employee was treated and released at a Wichita hospital.
The female suspect was hospitalized Tuesday and later booked into a juvenile detention center on possible charges of aggravated battery, auto theft and fleeing.
GALLERY: MENARDS SHOOTING SUSPECTS
ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Man shot during robbery at southeast Wichita...
- Family reacts after officer adjusts home...
- Kansas Supreme Court hears arguments on latest...
- Two killed in Marion County crash
- Dad's near heart attack motivates daughter to be...