WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) - Authorities say a 2-year-old Wichita boy has died in a suspected abuse case. He has been identified as Anthony E. Bunn.
Police officers were called to a home in the 800 block of N. Woodrow around 7:45 a.m. Friday. The boy was found not breathing and was taken to a hospital in critical condition.
The boy's mother, Elizabeth Woolheater, and her boyfriend, Lucas Diel were booked into Sedgwick County Jail Friday night for suspicion of attempted first-degree murder.
Booking records have been amended for both Woolheater and Diel. Woolheater and Diel have been booked for suspicion of first-degree murder and endangering a child.
Police say the boy suffered injuries to his head and neck.
"Anthony suffered severe head trauma," said Lt. Jeff Gilmore, Wichita Police Department.
Officials revealed that there was an investigation into child abuse back in October 2017.
"That case was investigated. That case was presented to district attorney's office. There was not enough evidence to pursue the charges," added Lt. Gilmore.
Gilmore said police take the investigations into the cases seriously.
"We investigate them to the fullest extent. All the facts are gathered in the cases. Once the facts are gathered and evidence is put together, the case is presented to the DA's office," said Lt. Gilmore.
KSN has reached out to the Sedgwick County District Attorney's Office. The office tells KSN that they will not comment on the case until a later time.
Two teens arrested after armed robbery
Man sentenced to 90 days of house...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Summit talk turns warmer; Trump says 'talking to...
- APNewsBreak: Tesla in Autopilot mode sped up...
- NFL players, coaches grapple with new anthem policy
- Bucks player 'gave in' during arrest to avoid...
- 'It's about time': Trump pardons late boxer Jack...