WASHINGTON (AP) — The House has overwhelmingly voted to kill a resolution from a Democratic lawmaker to impeach President Donald Trump.
The vote Wednesday was 364-58.
Democratic Rep. Al Green of Texas says Trump has associated his presidency with causes rooted in bigotry and racism.
After his resolution was read, Republicans held a vote to table it. Democratic leaders announced beforehand they were opposed to Green's resolution.
Green argued that Trump has committed a high misdeed and is unfit to be president and warrants impeachment, trial and removal from office.
Lawmakers did not debate the merits of his resolution. The vast majority of Democrats joined with Republicans in voting to table it.
Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Minority Whip Steny Hoyer tell Democrats: "Now is not the time to consider articles of impeachment."
Get breaking news, weather and traffic on the go. Download our News App and our Weather App for your phone and tablet. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Suspended Kansas volunteer firefighter charged...
- Maple Street under I-235 closes tonight
- Wanted: David D. Middleton
- Steel tariffs troubling local tradesman
- FBI agents train local law enforcement on...