KSN-TV - He's taking a private battle with colon cancer and making it public.
"I waited too long. Now I'm facing a surgery that might have been prevented. But this story isn't about me. It's about others learning from my story. If it gets one person into the doctor's office for testing, and this disease is found earlier, it will have been worth it," said KSN's Leon Smitherman.
Leon discusses the cancer no one wants to talk about -- and the steps you need to take.
"Leon's Journey" -- Thursday on KSN News at Ten.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Kobach picks Wichita businessman Wink Hartman as...
- Mother, daughter charged in man's killing at...
- City set to unveil new design of Naftzger Park
- Missing Hoisington girl found dead; mom's...
- Wanted: Charles W. Best, III