WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) - Lucas Hernandez's stepmother smoked marijuana the day before the boy disappeared according to a court affidavit released Tuesday.
Emily Glass is the stepmother of 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez. He hasn't been seen since Feb. 17.
The affidavit said a detective with the Wichita Police Department conducted an interview with Emily Glass.
Glass said on Feb. 16, 2017, she was cleaning and then went to the garage to smoke marijuana around 3:30 p.m. She said she smoked a few bowls. She became hungry and drove a 1-year-old, not identified in the affidavit, to the Olive Garden for dinner. Glass stayed at the Olive Garden about an hour before driving back with the 1-year-old.
Glass offered consent to search her phone. Phone records show Facebook messenger texts between Glass and another person, who was not identified, on Feb. 16. Glass said she was going to smoke a couple of bowls of marijuana and go to Olive Garden to use the card sent to her by that person.
Phone records show Glass made two phones calls on Feb. 16 at 4:53 p.m. and 5:43 p.m. from the area of Central and Rock. The Olive Garden is located north of the intersection.
Glass is jailed on a misdemeanor child endangerment charge involving the 1-year-old. Glass' attorney argues she is not a threat to the community and wants to be with her husband and other child, who has been placed in state custody.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- How police finally found the Austin bomber
- How a phone may have steered hunt for bomber
- Police release video of fatal crash by Uber...
- Trump: 'Crazy' Biden would go down crying if he...
- Toy company CEO leads effort to salvage part of...