WICHITA, Kansas -- A 54-year-old man has died from injuries he suffered in a fire Thursday evening in Wichita at a home in the 1500 block of Amsden.
Authorities said Monday that Michael Durham died Friday.
A neighbor says Durham and his brother were inside the garage working on a moped when the gas line to the moped came off and gasoline spilled.
The gas vapors were ignited by a space heater.
"I was in the backyard, and he started yelling for help," John, a neighbor. "I looked over the fence and saw the floor of the garage was all engulfed. That's when I grabbed the fire extinguisher and ran across the street. By then I couldn't keep it under control with that fire extinguisher."
A firefighter and the other man were treated and released.
The fire caused $95,000 in damage to the home.
A 4.5 magnitude earthquake has been recorded in central Oklahoma by the U.S. Geological Survey.
A national basketball tournament that's called Hutchinson home for six decades could leave town if improvements aren't made to the sports arena.
As the thermometer shows we're well into winter, ice dams become a potential concern for homeowners.While there's no snow here yet, it likely will be here sooner than later.Knowing what to expect and how to prepare can help prevent future damage.
While many Wichitans are celebrating Nelson Mandela’s life, others ask if the younger generation has a true understanding of who he was. We spoke to students today and found for many, the legacy is something they were never taught.
One of the coldest mornings of the year awaits the thousands of runners planning to take part in Saturday's Jingle Bell Run.
Some kids will be receiving a hand-made wooden toy this holiday season thanks to Santa's elves at Fort Hays State University.
Make sure you keep you pet protected from the cold elements.