WICHITA, Kan. - A man wearing a bandanna over his face and wielding a kitchen knife held up a business in southeast Wichita Friday night.
Wichita Police say the incident occurred at the Family Dollar store in the 900 block of S. Woodlawn about 9 p.m. Friday night.
Officers say the robber entered the store and showed the knife to an employee, demanded money, then went behind the counter and threatened to cut another employee in order to get the cash register opened.
Police say three people were inside the store at the time of the robbery.
Wichita Police Sgt. Troy Nedbalek said suspects target such stores because they're not difficult to rob.
Burn ban in effect for many Kansas...
Suspended Kansas volunteer...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Suspended Kansas volunteer firefighter charged...
- Maple Street under I-235 closes tonight
- Wanted: David D. Middleton
- Steel tariffs troubling local tradesman
- FBI agents train local law enforcement on...