WICHITA, Kansas - A Sedgwick County inmate was found unresponsive in his cell at about 7:40 a.m. Monday.
After immediate medical attention from staff, the 55-year-old man was transported to a hospital, and he was pronounced dead at about 9:40 a.m. The cause of death has not been determined.
His identity is being withheld pending notification of his family. He was booked into the Sedgwick County Detention Facility on December 8, 2014 on felony charges.
The Kansas Bureau of Investigation and the Sedgwick County Sheriff's Investigation Division were notified.
This is the third in-custody death in 2015. The first was that of an elderly inmate who battled terminal illness for several weeks prior to his death on January 21st. The second was that of a 25-year-old man who was being treated for a medical issue prior to his death on February 22nd.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- How police finally found the Austin bomber
- How a phone may have steered hunt for bomber
- Police release video of fatal crash by Uber...
- Trump: 'Crazy' Biden would go down crying if he...
- Toy company CEO leads effort to salvage part of...