WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) - St. Joseph Catholic School was evacuated Monday morning after a gas smell. It happened around 10 a.m. The school is located in the 100 block of South Millwood.
According to the Wichita Catholic Diocese, someone put a kettle on a gas stove to make tea. Someone smelled gas and called the fire department.
About 115 students at the school and staff were evacuated to an adjacent church.
The fire department checked the situation. The diocese said the gas has been shut off, and the leak with the stove will be fixed.
Students returned to class shortly after.
Wichita police seek public's help to...
Burn ban in effect for many Kansas...
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Burn ban in effect for many Kansas counties
- Suspended Kansas volunteer firefighter charged...
- Maple Street under I-235 closes tonight
- Wanted: David D. Middleton
- Steel tariffs troubling local tradesman