WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) - Wichita fire crews responded to a mobile home fire in south Wichita. It happened in the 3000 block of East Sunview Court before 10 p.m. Wednesday.
When crews arrived, the fire was showing from both the front door and two windows.
Crews were able to control the blaze quickly.
Fire officials said there were two adults and four children in the home at the time of the fire.
"They all got out of the house safely. There was no injuries due to the fire but one male did sustain a laceration on his arm, was treated on the scene and was released," said Capt. Bill Herold, Sedgwick County Fire District 1.
The family's cat died in the fire.
The American Red Cross is helping the family.
So far, no word on what started the fire or if they will be able to return to their home.
Fire crews will continue their investigation later this morning.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Judge weighs evidence in deadly hoax call case
- Shooting leaves woman critically injured in...
- Bicyclist critically injured after being hit by car
- Kansas farmer on alarming suicide rate: 'Nothing...
- Chief Gordon Ramsay responds after officer...