WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) - Michael C. Williams, 31, of Wichita, was sentenced today to 342 months in prison. Williams was charged with first-degree murder and abuse of a child.
Williams pleaded guilty to charges of second-degree murder and aggravated kidnapping.
Williams' daughter Princess Teyonia passed away in September 2015.
Investigators say he was home alone with one-year-old Princess Teyonia when she stopped breathing. Williams said he found Princess chewing on a piece of paper and a rubber-band and to get it out of her mouth he had to "pry" her mouth open.
However, her autopsy suggested something more severe happened that day since the baby girl's death was ruled a homicide.
Get breaking news, weather and traffic on the go. Download our News App and our Weather App for your phone and tablet. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- How police finally found the Austin bomber
- How a phone may have steered hunt for bomber
- Police release video of fatal crash by Uber...
- Trump: 'Crazy' Biden would go down crying if he...
- Toy company CEO leads effort to salvage part of...