QUINCY, Wash. (AP) — A drug overdose victim died over the weekend in Washington state and many others were sickened after taking a potent mixture of a drug called “Molly.”
Steve Dickens, house supervisor at Central Washington Hospital, said several patients, including the one who died, were taken to the medical center in Wenatchee overnight Friday while others were treated at other nearby hospitals. He declined to provide further details early Monday.
“Molly” is a drug that can be similar to ecstasy.
KOMO News in Seattle reports (http://bit.ly/19NOBr6) the concert goers fell ill during the Paradiso Festival at the Gorge Ampitheatre, a popular music venue.
Sarina Fahrner, the chief nursing officer at Quincy Valley Medical Center, told KOMO there were more than 100 overdose patients.
The name of the victim who died has not been released.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Some kids will be receiving a hand-made wooden toy this holiday season thanks to Santa's elves at Fort Hays State University.
Make sure you keep you pet protected from the cold elements.
Wichita Shocker baseball is conducting an internal review of the program.
The FDA considers new drug for treatment of hepatitis C which is a major threat to baby boomer population.
Two Wichita police cars collided Friday afternoon while responding to call. It happened at 2nd and Broadway.
Wichita police arrested two men after 17 vehicle break-ins Thursday morning.
Being prepared and informed may help you to avoid the messy and often expensive issue of frozen pipes.