BOSTON (AP) — The deputy administrator of the main compensation fund for Boston Marathon bombing victims says it has received 247 claims so far.
The One Fund’s Camille Biros says a few more are expected to arrive over the next couple of days. Saturday was the deadline to mail or send a claim by courier service.
The fund announced Monday it has received $51 million in donations.
Three people were killed and more than 260 injured during the April 15 twin bombings near the marathon’s finish line. The One Fund was established by Boston Mayor Thomas Menino and Gov. Deval Patrick.
Fund administrator Kenneth Feinberg will take about 10 days to interview potential recipients then make payment recommendations to the city. Money is to begin going out at the end of June.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
While the House plans to vote on a short term extension to carry over till a permanent bill can be reached next session, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says that's not an option.
Bimbo Bakeries announced that it will close its bakery located at 2530 Southeast Drive in Wichita. The company employees 118 people.
Secretary Sebelius orders investigation into botched rollout.
The thefts occurred between 7000 North 143rd Street East and 3000 North 143rd Street East late Saturday and early Sunday.
The Kansas Supreme Court will hear arguments next week in the appeals of two brothers sentenced to death for murders committed in December 2000.
Massachusetts woman dies after being dragged for nearly half a mile by a bus.
KU coach, Bill Self, spoofs "Anchorman" in video