WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Operation Holiday has been helping area families for 60 years and it needs the public’s help to succeed again this year.
All of the families and applicants who qualify will then come to distribution which is a three-day period in mid-December.
In order for Operation Holiday to have items for the families, it needs donations of non-perishable food, grocery gift cards, toys, pet food, and gently used or new coats, winter wear and blankets.
“This year, we’re really looking for, of course, all of those items, but what we seem to come up short in the years past are very small coats for like 2T, 3T and like even younger and very large adult coats,” said Angela Perez, Dir. Development and Community Engagement, HumanKind Ministries.
Dozens of donation collection boxes have been placed throughout the city. Find the locations at OperationHoliday.org.
You can also donate at the HumanKind Ministries administration office at 829 N. Market during normal business hours.
You can also take donations directly to the warehouse in the former Sears building in Towne West. You’ll find the hours at OperationHoliday.org.
If you want to donate money, you can do it online by clicking on HumanKind Ministries.
The donations are needed soon. Distribution is set for Monday, Dec. 16, Tuesday, Dec. 17 and Wednesday, Dec. 18.
- Armored transport worker accused of keeping 29 bags of cash, buying cars for family
- ‘It’d be my honor’: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson backs poll showing support for presidential run
- Police officer killed in Capitol car attack will lie in honor Tuesday
- How does an officer use a gun instead of a Taser?
- Fox stands behind Tucker Carlson after Anti-Defamation League urges his firing