WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The plot for the 2021 St. Jude Dream Home is selected.
J. Russell donated the lot in the Taliesin community near 151st and Maple Street in Wichita, which offers amenities like a pool, a climbing wall, and indoor pickleball courts.
The five bedroom, five bathroom home is a Casita-style home, inspired by the pandemic.
“During the pandemic, we realized a lot of people are home a lot more and have a lot of long-term guests. So we offer two separate living quarters within one house,” Nies Homes integrator Kayce Martin said.
This will be the sixth year that Nies Homes, KSN, and other local contractors have paired up with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital to offer tickets to win a state-of-the-art home while raising funds for children with cancer at St. Jude.
In the past five years, the Wichita community has helped raise over $5 million for St. Jude.
- Kansas school districts adjusting for winter weather in already challenging year
- KSN Storm Track 3 Digital Extra: This season’s hard freeze is coming
- Teachman’s Take: Strong cold front moves in Thursday, big changes on the horizon
- Drought continues to plague Kansas – winter wheat feeling the hit
- Web Link: Kansas Eviction Prevention Program