WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – With less than two weeks until Christmas, the Salvation Army is crossing items off some kids’ wish lists.
Thursday morning, the non-profit handed out bikes, toys, and food vouchers to nearly 4,000 families.
“In the application process, when they come in, they say that my child or we need,” said Major Jim Curl, Salvation Army City Commander. “They share the information on what they need specifically, and then we shop for those particular gifts so that that individual will get what is on their Christmas list.”
The Angel Tree Gift distribution continues Friday.
- Racing community takes the wheel after a racer’s gear was stolen
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- House holds hearing on Paycheck Protection Program loan forgiveness
- Bodycam video shows the scene after the Breonna Taylor shooting
- Sentencing Tuesday for woman who decapitated ex-boyfriend’s mother