Saluting Veterans to air Saturday

Veteran Salute

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Here is a sneak peek at some of the stories we will be bringing you, as part of a “KSN News 3 Special Saluting Veterans.”

“Exactly 51 years ago tonight, I was a POW,” Lana Miller read.

World War II hero Boyd C. Fox, Jr. lived to tell about his time as a prisoner of war, but he rarely talked about it until decades after the war.

More on the special note he got, from a beloved teacher, more than 50 years, after he returned.

“We were all just absolutely amazed about this letter,” Miller said.

The show will feature more about the namesake of American Legion Post 4.

“He was a real hero, and saved his buddy’s life, and gave his own in doing it,” Post 4 Historian Jim Smith said.

We’ll also show you how Post 4 members are constantly hitting the road to help others.

They provide a final salute, the McConnell Air Force Base Honor Guard.

“I honor those members who have laid the pathway for me,” Sgt. Kenneth Milton said.

We’ll show you the dedication of some special airmen.

Plus, he was killed in battle, and his legacy will forever live on in Sedgwick County.

“There are story after story how he helped his troops,” Sedgwick’s cousin Matt Maddox said.

Major General John Sedgwick’s letters, as read by a member of his family.

Also, five members of the Greatest Generation.

“I call them the band of brothers,” Dennis Wallick said.

Brothers in arms and in life.

We’ll have the story of the Wallick boys, and how they all served during WWII and made it home alive.

Join us Saturday night at 5, for our “KSN News 3 Special Saluting Veterans.”

LATEST STORIES:

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories