Veteran Salute: Ret. Colonel helps others through Warrior IV Life Fitness

Veteran Salute

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A retired Army Colonel from Elbing says he was a Kansas farm boy who wanted to see the world.

That’s why after his studies at Friends University and Villanova, he was off to the Army JAG Corp.

Retired Colonel James Eicher says above all else, he was just a soldier doing his duty, and through his passion for mind, body and spirit he continues to serve.

Eicher’s passion for fitness fuels his way of life.

“You can be physically fit, but if the rest of your life is in shambles, you are not very fit,” Ret. Army Colonel James Eicher said.

That’s why years ago he started Warrior IV Life Fitness.

“I try to incorporate that into that kind of a spirituality and love of history, and military service and this military community,” Eicher said. 

Eicher stays busy sharing the holistic wellness and fitness program, and the four pillars it is based on.

“You have to stay grounded. I think rooted in things that really matter, that’s why I call it the four pillars of priority, your faith, your family, your fitness, or your health and wellness and the field, whatever field you are working in,” Eicher said.

He says after law school it took him some time to find his field.

“I always loved the military, love history, so I started talking to the JAG Corp,” Eicher said.

That simple conversation turned into a military career with the JAG Corp that spanned more than 2 decades.

“I served in all different capacities, I’ve been a prosecutor, I’ve been a defense counsel, I deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq, eastern Turkey,” Eicher said.

The Army allowed this Kansas farm boy to see the world.

“JAGs, you go wherever the mission is and I loved it, it was the best experience of my life,” Eicher said.

His career took him all the way to the Pentagon and he says along the way he served with some great men and women.

“Many great heroes, I’ve worked with some, I’ve known some, but I was just a soldier trying to do my duty,” Eicher said.

A soldier who is still giving back, as he volunteers his time teaching classes for his fellow retired military members and their families.

“It’s just my passion, and these people are my passion,” Eicher said. 

Eicher continues to practice law, now as a public defender in Sedgwick County.

He’s also taught criminal justice, history, law and other courses at the collegiate level.

Eicher is currently working on a book that will bear the title, ‘Warrior IV Life’.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather