WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – On Saturday, a group of bike riders will drive around Wichita in honor of Lamont McClary, the victim of the hit and run crash that happened on Sunday.
“I couldn’t believe that someone would hit him, you know and just leave him there. You know and take off running. It breaks my heart. I’m sure he’s got family and so that’s what got me to organize it,” said Les Collins, ride organizer.
The memorial ride for Lamont will start at 2 p.m. at the QuikTrip on Seneca and Douglas. Collins says they will ride around the city and make sure to ride down Kellogg where Lamont was riding before he was fatally hit and killed.
“We are going to ride around Wichita and make a little bit of noise in honor of Lamont,” said Collins.
Collins will ride with Lamont’s fiance Nancy Pérez. Remember the event starts at 2 p.m. and is open to the public. They are estimating around 15 people will attend.
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show