WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Students of a Wichita elementary school got a very special surprise today.
Staff and soon-to-be graduates of Wichita State gave teachers at Washington Elementary a little break. The aspiring teachers created special science activities for the K through 5th-grade students.
“Just reminds me why we do what we do, and why we want our student teachers becoming better. We want them to be leading our kids in the future,” said Tara Brown, Kindergarten teacher
The group hopes to motivate children to continue on to higher education and joining the steam program at WSU in the future.
- ‘I just want to play’: Teams now wearing masks in accordance with KSHSAA guidelines
- Face mask ordinance in City of Winfield starting Friday
- Southwest Kansas says ‘NO’ to mandating masks
- Florida man sentenced to life in prison for 2018 murders of Wichita couple
- Teachman’s Take: Next heat wave approaches, Temperatures turn toasty this week