WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Most Kansans have a place they think is one of the prettiest in the state. Others have a favorite historic site. If you want to see if your favorite matches up with theirs, it’s time for a road trip.
Kansas has 12 byways for you to travel. Nine of them are considered scenic. Two of those are National Scenic Byways. Three Kansas byways have historic themes.
- Flint Hills
- Frontier Military
- Glacial Hills
- Gypsum Hills
- Land and Sky
- Native Stone
- Post Rock
- Prairie Trail
- Route 66
- Smoky Valley
- Western Vistas
- Wetlands and Wildlife
SCENIC BYWAYS MAP:
HISTORIC BYWAYS MAP:
- Teachman’s Take: Another stormy complex aims for overnight, warm weekend ahead
- Child abuse reports are on the rise as the country reopens
- Will unemployed Kansans lose $600 of weekly federal benefits?
- Wichita Mayor receives concerns from business owners who say some customers won’t wear masks
- As personal pool sales skyrocket, experts warn about swimming pool dangers