JOHNSON COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – An actress who had a small role in the movie “Captain America: The First Avenger” is charged with fatally stabbing her mother inside a suburban Kansas City home.
Mollie Fitzgerald, 38, was arrested Tuesday by police in Olathe. She is charged with second-degree murder and jailed on a $500,000 bond in the death of 68-year-old Patricia “Tee” Fitzgerald.
Authorities say Patricia was found dead on Dec. 20 inside her home.
During Mollie’s first court appearance, a preliminary hearing was scheduled for Jan. 9.
- Retirement community gathers to sing ‘God Bless America’ while practicing social distancing
- Dollar General announces discount to medical, guardsmen and first responder communities
- Here’s how graduating and retired nurses can help fight COVID-19 in Texas
- Florida law enforcement agencies set up checkpoints at the Alabama-Florida border Saturday, but are not on every highway
- ‘I’ve Never felt like this ever’: Iowa man shares his experience with COVID-19