ST. LOUIS, Mo. (KTVI) – Nelly and Budweiser are teaming up to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the rapper’s debut album, “Country Grammar.”
Through the collaboration between St. Louis’ native rapper and its iconic brewery, the limited-edition 25-ounce cans, which include Nelly’s picture, will be released Tuesday.
The 45-year-old rapper said in an interview with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that this recognition by Anheuser-Busch is “a little overwhelming,” adding, “but it’s really dope, and it’s what you work for, and it’s definitely something to live up to and something to continue.”
Nelly has frequently made reference to St. Louis in his lyrics. Budweiser used excerpts from his songs “S.T.L.” and “Country Grammar” to decorate the tallboy can, which will only be available in St. Louis.
- COVID-19 vaccine coming at perfect time for exhausted frontline workers
- One group steps up to bring more sporting live streams for winter sports
- Paige’s Prediction: Frigid start, turning mild by the weekend
- Forensic nurses, violence advocates see drop in survivors seeking help
- Judge dismisses criminal counts in Missouri duck boat deaths