WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Injoy Fountain from Wichita delivered an impressive performance on Tuesday’s episode of “The Voice”.
Fountain delivered “7 Rings,” originally a massive No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 by Ariana Grande.
“It was a little intimidating because you know the song is very very popular, but I made it my own, and clearly, I did pretty good,” Fountain said.
Kelly Clarkson and Gwen Stefani both turned for Fountain.
“When I saw Kelly Clarkson’s chair turn for me, I thought it was an alternate universe. I was very shocked,” Fountain said. “I believe Kelly Clarkson is the best fit for me because she is also a mother. She’s all about female empowerment, and she also loves a good singing moment.”
RELATED LINK | Digital Exclusive: Injoy Fountain speaks after performance
The Wichita singer says she has already started rehearsals with Clarkson.
RELATED WEBSITE | “The Voice”
- Storm Track 3 Forecast: Seasonable today, wintry feel on the way
- Invasive ‘jumping worms’ spreading through several US states
- Working remotely? It’s time to rethink what is ‘home’ and what is ‘travel’
- “A pillar and stalwart.” Charlotte resident and oldest living American dies at 116
- Can you travel with kids if you’re fully vaccinated?