WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – It was a celebration of culture Sunday at Exploration Place. Hundreds of people came together for Fiesta Hispana, an event to promote Hispanic culture.
The event featured music, food trucks, games and entertainment from countries like Central American and South American countries like Mexico and Peru, among others.
Organizers say it’s a great way for people to learn about people of all different backgrounds.
“We just love to show people how diverse Wichita is, and it’s just something to really be proud. I think this is really a day to share and enjoy a culture that’s different than yours,” said Christina Bluml, Exploration Place Director of Marketing.
Organizers say the event has grown every year and includes people of Hispanic background as well as those wanting to learn about the culture.
- Sedgwick County wants to randomly test residents for COVID-19
- Weather Wednesday: Hurricanes
- Controversial radio hosts fired over racially charged comments
- 1 in 5 nursing homes had at least one COVID-19 death, according to federal data
- Ferguson elects first female African American mayor