WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Illuminations at Botanica openED to the public on Saturday.
Because of COVID-19, there are some changes this year. You can walk through a garden display or drive through the display in the main parking lot.
Illuminations will run through January 30. It will be closed Nov. 25 and 26 and Dec. 24 and 25.
All tickets must be purchased online and in advance. Botanica will not allow walk-ins. Guests must bring their print tickets or show their ticket barcode on their phone so staff can scan.
Tickets are on sale now. Click here for more.
Walk Thru light display in the garden precautions to keep our guests safe:
- You must purchase your light display tickets online and choose a time slot to attend.
- The Khicha Family Carousel will be open! You must pre-purchase your ride while
purchasing your admission online. A limited amount of rides will be sold per time slot.
The Carousel will be operating at half capacity and will be cleaned after every ride. Your
Carousel time slot must coincide with your entry time slot.
- A limited number of tickets will be presold each evening for the safety of our guests.
- All guests will enter at our South Gate entrance (across from Cowtown). We will not have any
buses or overflow parking. Due to the limited number of guests each night we will have walkable
parking close to the South Gate entrance.
- We will scan tickets for entry. No tickets will be sold at the door. All tickets are pre-purchase
only on our website.
- The light display is outdoors. The paths will guide you through our garden with one-way traffic
on our main paths only. Our smaller gardens and paths will be closed to eliminate cross traffic.
- Mask Policy:
- A mask is required at entry.
- A mask is required any time you are unable to social distance properly.
- A mask is required inside all buildings including the carousel building, our lobby (which everyone will pass through) and restrooms.
- A mask is required anytime you are in line to get a concession or food.
- You are able to take your mask off if you are properly distanced more than 6 feet from others to enjoy your hot drinks or snacks while outside.
- Social distancing is required in the garden. The light display is a mile long, which makes social
distancing manageable for guests.
- Santa will be at Botanica! He will be in his sled waving and interacting with guests while being
behind glass doors. We encourage guests to bring a letter to drop off in our oversized mailbox
since he can’t have visitors whispering their wishes to him.
- We will have a strict schedule for restroom and surface cleaning throughout the evening.
- If you are feeling sick, stay home. Keep a distance of 6 feet from others (except those within your
household), wash your hands, and let’s have a safe and healthy holiday season!
Drive Thru light display precautions and why it’s safe:
- You must purchase your light display tickets online and choose a time slot to attend. All tickets will be scanned on Museum Blvd (Click here to see map). No tickets will be sold at the door.
- A limited number of tickets will be presold each evening for the drive thru to limit waiting
- All guests must stay in their vehicle the entire time and keep doors closed.
- Speed limit is 5 mph.
- Touching of any of the displays is prohibited.
- Stay cozy in your own car while enjoying the light display.