WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Wagonmasters teamed up with the Honore Adversis Foundation, Jimmy’s Diner, and others to smoke 88 turkeys for Wichita families in need this Thanksgiving.
The Wagonmasters met at Wichita’s Cowtown for the event. The dinners will be delivered sometime this evening to families identified by police.
The Wichita Wagonmasters said it is the third year for the event and it has grown.
“Thanks to our partners, Sam’s Club and Honor Adversis and Jimmy’s Diner, we will provide a full meal to the families. Not just the turkey, there will be sides that go out with the birds,” said Ken Atnip, Wichita Wagonmaster. “What a great way to celebrate Wichita and the holidays, again just trying to put families together and make it enjoyable.”
Last year, the Wagonmasters smoked 50 for the families.
- When will phase 2 of vaccinations begin? Sedgwick County officials say it depends on supply
- “He is my best friend’: Two brothers who saw the Chiefs play in Wichita in 60’s still watch games together
- New mural goes up in downtown Wichita
- Dancing trucker turns up at inauguration protest to promote peace
- Amid fears of ‘insider’ attack, FBI vetting Guard troops in DC