WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A 42-year-old man is dead after being found under a car in southeast Wichita.
Police responded to a carjacking call at 2:30 a.m. Saturday near Lincoln and Woodlawn. When they arrived, they found 40-year-old Travis Shaw, who initially contacted 911.
Police found 42-year-old David Lee underneath a car in front of the home. He died at the scene.
After speaking with witnesses and reviewing evidence, police booked Shaw on suspicion of second-degree murder.
Police say this was not a random incident, and the two men knew each other. The investigation is ongoing.
- Taylor’s Forecast: Calm and warming up for the weekend
- Wichita Wind Surge to hold National Anthem performer auditions
- Kansas mother of student who was kicked by teacher sues
- Gallery: 2020 February Shots of the Day
- Home repairs, transparency addressed in property tax bills