Smoking in bed cause of apartment fire that left woman injured

News

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Fire Department said a woman was injured in a fire caused by smoking in bed.

The fire broke out at the Pinnacle Lofts and Apartments near Central and Waco around 4:15 p.m. Friday.

Crews found smoke coming from one apartment when they arrived. The fire was contained to a bedroom mattress and did not spread across the complex.

“We were able to locate a conscious victim in there,” said Capt. Jose Ocadiz, Wichita Fire Department. “She was transported to Via-Christi burn unit and she was later released upon evaluation.”

Other apartments did receive water damage from the sprinkler system. The fire caused about $6,000 in damage.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Download the KSN News App and stay up-to-date wherever you are. You can even watch KSN News live for free!
Click here to get the app
Get it in the App store
Get it in the Google Play store

3 Day Forecast

KSN Storm Track 3 Weather

Trending Stories