KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) – Police say an 18-year-old man is dead after a shooting in Kansas City, Kansas.
The Kansas City Star reports the shooting happened around 7:30 p.m. on Friday in the Victory Hills neighborhood.
When officers arrived they reported finding the teen dead on the front porch of a home.
Police spokesman Officer Thomas Tomasic says it appeared the teen was accosted further down the street and ran back to the house.
Police went door to door in search of any witnesses or video capturing the incident.
The victim’s name had not been released by midday Saturday.
- Singer Pink says she had COVID-19, gives $1M to relief funds
- Virus cluster found at Kansas rehabilitation center
- Sedgwick County coronavirus cases at 101
- USD 373 changes meal pick up location
- Police issue warrant for Ark City shooting suspect