WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Two Wichita police officers have been released from the hospital with minor injuries after a driver crashed into their patrol car.
It happened Sunday morning around 1:45 a.m. in the 2400 block of North Arkansas according to Wichita police. Police told KSN the patrol vehicle was struck by a driver while the officers were conducting a traffic stop involving a separate vehicle in the area.
No arrests were made, and police said they are looking for a 33-year-old man based on information gained from the vehicle. The driver is suspected of being under the influence of alcohol. The case is still under investigation.
The officers were taken to a local area hospital for minor injuries. The two have since been released.
Chief Gordon Ramsay, who tweeted photos of the incident, said he is grateful the officers were not seriously hurt or killed in the crash.
- City of Wichita sees new businesses open during pandemic
- Wichita police and fire department are cracking down on firework regulations
- T.J.’s Forecast: Storms possible this evening and into July 4th
- Face mask ordinance passed 4-3 by City Council in Mayor Whipple’s Special Meeting
- Kansas football voluntary workouts suspended due to increased COVID-19 cases