SOUTH HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) – One man is dead after crash in Reno County.
The crash occurred 2 a.m. Friday morning on U.S. 50 westbound and the west junction of K-61 south.
Jose Cota-Espinoza, 46, was traveling northeast on K-61 in his truck when he missed his exit. He attempted to make a u-turn and became stuck, blocking both lanes of K-61.
Melvin Uphoff, 72, of Hutchinson was traveling southwest on K-61 when he struck the semi.
Uphoff died of injuries related to the crash. The driver of the semi had no apparent injuries.
- President Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- Brain-eating amoeba detected in Lake Jackson water supply, residents should not use tap
- Here’s the story behind those electrified ‘e-shields’ authorities were carrying during Memphis protests
- Amy Coney Barrett: 5 things to know about Trump’s Supreme Court nominee
- Trump picks conservative Amy Coney Barrett for Supreme Court