SOUTH HUTCHINSON, Kan. (KSNW) – One man is dead after crash in Reno County.
The crash occurred 2 a.m. Friday morning on U.S. 50 westbound and the west junction of K-61 south.
Jose Cota-Espinoza, 46, was traveling northeast on K-61 in his truck when he missed his exit. He attempted to make a u-turn and became stuck, blocking both lanes of K-61.
Melvin Uphoff, 72, of Hutchinson was traveling southwest on K-61 when he struck the semi.
Uphoff died of injuries related to the crash. The driver of the semi had no apparent injuries.
- Eugene Goodman: Kamala Harris escorted by hero Capitol police officer who diverted mob
- 103-year-old Massachusetts man who lived through Spanish flu, polio outbreak gets COVID-19 vaccine
- Newsfeed Now: A historic Inauguration Day, 10-year-old CEO becomes best-selling author
- 10 things more likely than winning the huge Powerball, Mega Millions jackpots
- $1 million Mega Millions ticket sold in south-central Kansas