Pizza lovers may soon have to skip the pepperoni.
Two main reasons cited for the pepperoni shortage include the lack of employees at pork processing plants and a high demand for pizza, both of which are likely caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
Like many businesses, pork processors have had to lay of hundreds of employees in order to cut costs due to the pandemic, forcing them to streamline operations.
So far, larger pizza chains haven’t been impacted by the shortage since they buy their ingredients through long-term contacts, according to Bloomberg.
- Sedgwick County officials mulling changes at intersection after crash kills mother and four kids
- Health officer evaluating health order weekly, business owners hope for fewer restrictions
- Car crashes into bank near 31st and Seneca
- Teachman’s Take: Cooler and more Fall-like heading into Monday
- 1 person dead in accident in Phillips County