TOPEKA, Kan. (KSNT) – Governor Laura Kelly gives her second State of the State address at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday.
KSNT News Capitol Bureau Reporter Korinne Griffith said Gov. Kelly will likely make a point to discuss her compromise proposal on Medicaid Expansion with Senator Jim Denning. The announcement was made last week that the plan already has the bipartisan support necessary to pass the Senate.
Gov. Kelly ran her campaign on affordable healthcare for all Kansans and said she wants to get Medicaid Expansion done this year.
Another topic the governor is likely to touch on is medical marijuana in Kansas. Gov. Kelly has been vocal about her support for its legalization and lawmakers seem to be on the same page. Recommendations have been made to the legislature to move forward with a bill to legalize medical marijuana.
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Warmer winds and a dry weekend ahead
- Wichita Open moves forward in 31st year
- Sheriff in Texas receives poison ricin from woman who sent it to President Trump
- Veteran Salute: Ret. MSgt. proud of her maintenance badge
- Victims of stolen car speak after Wednesday’s trooper pursuit in south Wichita