WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Convoy of Hope Wichita is holding a drive-thru event on Saturday to help get food and school supplies to Wichita families.
Coronavirus threatened the event, but a drive-thru was ultimately decided as a way to still make services available to families. No proof of income is required.
Gates open at 9 a.m. at all three locations. Parking opens at 7 a.m. Children must be present in the vehicle to receive a backpack.
- South Wichita – Bethel Life Center – 3777 S. Meridian
- East Wichita – Hope Church – 2000 S. Hillside
- North Wichita – McAdams Park – 1329 E. 13th Street North
The event will happen, rain or shine, until they run out of supplies.
Convoy of Hope Wichita still needs volunteers to make it happen. Please click here if you’re interested in volunteering Saturday.
- Wichita hospital in need of plasma donations from recovered COVID-19 patients
- Schools working to feed students learning remotely, some parents concerned
- Veteran Salute: Army Major flies in Vietnam and beyond
- From dynamite to beef stick: Greensburg rescue crew respond to emergency call
- Sedgwick County turns to the state for help with contact tracing