COWLEY COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – The Kansas Highway Patrol is investigating a two-vehicle collision that ended the life of a teenager Saturday.
It happened just before 10 p.m. on the 1100 block of 82nd Road, north of Winfield. State Troopers said an SUV crossed the center line and killed an 18-year-old motorcycle rider, Chase E. Augur.
The KHP report stated the SUV crashed into the motorcycle head-on.
Augur died at the scene. The 28-year-old driver of the SUV was not seriously injured.
The Cowley County Sheriff’s Office said the driver of the SUV was arrested for driving under the influence and transported to jail. She posted bond and was released. The Cowley County Attorney’s Office will review this report to determine further charges.
- Wichita hospital in need of plasma donations from recovered COVID-19 patients
- Schools working to feed students learning remotely, some parents concerned
- Veteran Salute: Army Major flies in Vietnam and beyond
- From dynamite to beef stick: Greensburg rescue crew respond to emergency call
- Sedgwick County turns to the state for help with contact tracing