BUTLER COUNTY, Kan. (KSNW) – Multiple fire departments in Butler County battled an explosion fire to a detached garage Saturday night.
According to the fire department, crews received notice of the explosion on the 4600 block of SW Sante Fe Lake Road just after 9 p.m.
“When we got here we found a detached garage fully involved,” said Captain Mike Rose.
Rose says they have around 30 firefighters on the scene and have been working the area for more than two hours.
Rose says the Benton Fire Department, Augusta Fire Department, and the Towanda Fire Department were all called out to help with the explosion.
At least one person has been taken to the hospital and is being treated for third-degree burns.
- Wichita hospital in need of plasma donations from recovered COVID-19 patients
- Royals drop 6-1 decision to Cubs
- Schools working to feed students learning remotely, some parents concerned
- Veteran Salute: Army Major flies in Vietnam and beyond
- Happy 90th birthday Neil Armstrong