WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A woman is dead following a domestic violence stabbing in south Wichita.
It happened just after 4 a.m. Saturday at a home in the 2400 block of South Washington.
Police said that when officers arrived, they found 28-year-old Devin Cook inside with multiple stab wounds. She was taken to the hospital where she later died.
Police arrested 44-year-old Jason McCaleb on suspicion of first-degree murder. The investigation revealed that McCaleb and Cook were involved in a fight. Police learned that McCaleb allowed Cook to live at the home and wanted her removed.
Cook’s family is trying to gather community support to raise money for her funeral and the children she left behind. If you would like to help, you can click here.
- Wichita Public Schools will look at onsite learning option for 6th-12th graders
- ‘He is ready to go back’: Officer shot in Lyons making recovery alongside wife in hospital
- Actor Jeff Bridges reveals he has been diagnosed with lymphoma
- Texas woman dies of COVID-19 while on commercial flight
- Indiana man admits to pushing toddler down stairs after argument over food, court docs show