WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – A woman is dead following a domestic violence stabbing in south Wichita.
It happened just after 4 a.m. Saturday at a home in the 2400 block of South Washington.
Police said that when officers arrived, they found 28-year-old Devin Cook inside with multiple stab wounds. She was taken to the hospital where she later died.
Police arrested 44-year-old Jason McCaleb on suspicion of first-degree murder. The investigation revealed that McCaleb and Cook were involved in a fight. Police learned that McCaleb allowed Cook to live at the home and wanted her removed.
Cook’s family is trying to gather community support to raise money for her funeral and the children she left behind. If you would like to help, you can click here.
- Greenwood County Sheriff’s Office delivers essentials to encourage residents to stay home
- Astronomers find evidence for a “cosmic homicide”
- Wichita Athlete Feeling Impact of Postponed 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games
- ‘There is light at the end of the tunnel’: Scott City woman joins social media trend to uplift the community
- Wichita State gets commitment from high school prospect Chaunce Jenkins