WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Two men in their early 20s were injured in a shooting early Monday in east Wichita. One received life-threatening injuries Wichita police said.
Officers responded to the shooting just after midnight and found a 20-year-old man with several gunshot wounds to his body underneath Kellogg and Grove. Police were informed a 21-year-old man arrived at an area hospital via a private vehicle with multiple gunshots wounds to his body.
Police said the initial investigation revealed an unknown suspect shot at the victim’s vehicle while on the eastbound lanes of Kellogg. Police said it was not a random incident, and the investigation is ongoing.
Investigators are still trying to determine what led up to the shooting and are asking for the public’s help. If anyone has any additional information on this case, they can call WPD detectives at (316) 268-4407, the See Something Say Something hotline at (316) 519-2282, or Crime Stoppers at (316) 267-2111.
- Wichita hospital in need of plasma donations from recovered COVID-19 patients
- Schools working to feed students learning remotely, some parents concerned
- Veteran Salute: Army Major flies in Vietnam and beyond
- From dynamite to beef stick: Greensburg rescue crew respond to emergency call
- Sedgwick County turns to the state for help with contact tracing