WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – The Wichita Police Department has identified Monday’s fatal shooting victim as 25-year-old Joshua Steele of Wichita.
It happened around 5:15 a.m. Monday in the 6900 block of East Ayesbury Circle, near 21st Street and Woodlawn. It’s a residential area.
Police arrived and found Steele in the driveway unresponsive from a gunshot. Steele was pronounced dead at the scene.
The investigation revealed that Steele and his girlfriend were at the home of a friend on Ayesbury. Two males arrived at the home, and a disturbance ensued concerning the property. During the disturbance, multiple shots were fired, striking Steele.
The two suspects then fled the scene in a moving style truck.
“We do know there was a disturbance at the address over property issues,” said Capt. Jason Stephens, Wichita Police Department.
Police said the homicide is the 27th of the year in Wichita.
If anyone has information on the homicide, call the homicide section at (316) 268-4407, See Something, Say Something Hotline at (316) 519-2282, or Crime Stoppers at (316) 267-2111.
- Trump administration works to discredit Dr. Fauci
- A free drive-thru breakfast to say ‘thank you for your service’
- Teachman’s Take: Severe weather is on the table this evening into tonight
- Wichita Public Schools discuss plans for Fall
- Healthcare: Republican U.S. Senate candidates in Kansas weigh in