KANSAS CITY, Mo. (KSNW) — Kansas City police say a toddler was killed and two adults were injured when someone opened fire on their vehicle Monday afternoon.
The shooting was reported just before 3 p.m. near 33rd Street and Agnes Avenue.
Tyron Payton, who was just one year old, was in a vehicle Monday when someone fired multiple times into the vehicle.
Authorities say the driver then pulled up to a local fire station to ask for help. Police say fire and EMS personnel tended to the unidentified man, woman, and toddler, and they were taken to a hospital where the boy later died. A fourth person in the car was uninjured.
Police say the preliminary investigation shows that the vehicle was stopped in front of a home when someone fired numerous shots into the vehicle from outside, striking three people.
- Original James Bond actor Sean Connery dies at 90
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- “We will pick them up from their homes”: League of Women Voters push to get residents out the door to vote
- Taylor’s Forecast: Feeling like Fall for Halloween, cooler tomorrow
- Non-profit organization working to open affordable daycare in downtown Wichita