KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP) – Police say an 18-year-old man is dead after a shooting in Kansas City, Kansas.
The Kansas City Star reports the shooting happened around 7:30 p.m. on Friday in the Victory Hills neighborhood.
When officers arrived they reported finding the teen dead on the front porch of a home.
Police spokesman Officer Thomas Tomasic says it appeared the teen was accosted further down the street and ran back to the house.
Police went door to door in search of any witnesses or video capturing the incident.
The victim’s name had not been released by midday Saturday.
- Kansas education funding up in the air amid ‘school choice’ expansion failure
- Allergy season is getting longer and more intense
- Kansas ranks 20th in percentage of population with first COVID vaccine
- Governor Kelly responds to Transgender Athlete bill passing in House and Senate
- Why some people should return their stimulus checks