TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) – Authorities have arrested a 19-year-old in a double homicide in Topeka.
The Topeka Capital-Journal reports that Larry Huggins III, of Topeka, was booked Thursday night into the Shawnee County Jail on suspicion of first-degree murder, aggravated burglary and aggravated robbery. Bond is expected to be set at a Friday morning court appearance.
His arrest stems from a Tuesday afternoon shooting. The victims were identified as 15-year-old Owen Hughes and 21-year-old Reginald McKinney Jr.
- US appeals to proceed with 1st federal execution in 17 years
- Two arrested after chase with Jackson County deputies
- Kansas’s least populated county confirms first coronavirus case
- ‘It’s heartbreaking’: Many come out to pay respects for 3-year-old KCK girl found dead
- Florida man accused of setting Catholic church on fire