TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) – Police say the deaths of two people in a southeast Topeka apartment were a murder-suicide.
Police spokeswoman Gretchen Koenen said Thursday that 32-year-old Valerie Taylor was found dead Tuesday afternoon by officers responding to a medical call. Taylor died from a single gunshot wound.
Koenen said in a news release that police believe Taylor was killed by her boyfriend, 37-year-old James Allen Jr., who was later found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Police are not searching for anyone else in the case.
- UK authorizes Pfizer vaccine for emergency use
- On Ronelle’s Radar: Wintry and wet weather ramps up Wednesday
- Former Maize hoop star Caleb Grill pours in career-high 27 points for UNLV in 86-74 loss to Alabama
- Wichita State athletics director discusses basketball head coaching search
- Kansas Department of Transportation cautions drivers ahead of winter weather