LAWTON, Okla. (AP) – Police in southwest Oklahoma say four people are dead after a father shot his two children and their mother, then himself.
Lawton police Sgt. Tim Jenkins said Wednesday that Russell Cliburn fatally shot Krystle Easley, Emma Cliburn and Kristo Cliburn on Saturday afternoon at a home on the east side of the city, about 75 miles southwest of Oklahoma City.
Jenkins said police have not confirmed the ages of the four, but said Russell Cliburn and Easley are the parents and the children were younger than 10.
Jenkins said investigators have not determined a motive for the shooting. He said the parents of Russell Cliburn witnessed the shooting, but are shaken and have not been able to provide a motive.
- Dozens attend first ever Kansas City ‘rage yoga’ class, which includes cursing and alcohol
- Active search underway for Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney
- Mom’s viral Facebook post encourages blue Trick-or-Treat buckets for autism awareness
- Police arrest two teens after firing gun into northwest Wichita home
- GM and union reach tentative deal that could end strike