WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) – Wichita Police have recovered thousands of dollars in merchandise and arrested five people in a theft ring
Police said they identified a crime trend of people stealing a large number of items from multiple businesses. Officers collaborated with others from around the city.
Through the efforts, the department arrested 21-year-old Chaquala Mathis, 21-year-old Semaj Muldrow, 21-year-old Khaezia Presley, and a 17-year-old boy on suspicion of felony theft at a home on North Spruce. They allegedly stole over $3,000 in merchandise from Dick’s Sporting Goods at Towne West Square.
Through further investigation, officers recovered other previously stolen merchandise totaling approximately $13,000. Additionally, two stolen handguns were recovered.
Officers also arrested 19-year-old Denita Jones on suspicion of felony theft from previous encounters.
The police department said the case will be presented to the Sedgwick County District Attorney’s Office.
- Original James Bond actor Sean Connery dies at 90
- $1,200 direct payments: Americans blame both parties for stimulus check stalemate
- “We will pick them up from their homes”: League of Women Voters push to get residents out the door to vote
- Taylor’s Forecast: Feeling like Fall for Halloween, cooler tomorrow
- Non-profit organization working to open affordable daycare in downtown Wichita